Friday, April 27, 2012

BRIBERY (& nothing about OC)


               In the dead of an Illinois winter: sabbatical at Northwestern U.  Yes, I was missing a tooth.
               She loved me anyway.                                       

Did you know that I can “track” the number of pages read on my blog? That is, I can tell how many times each entry has been looked at, although I can’t tell who did the looking.  These statistics tell me one very important fact – you are looking at my blog mainly to see pictures of my beautiful wife.  Oh, sure, you might read the accompanying text, but it’s mainly Linda you want to see.  I forgive you.  I feel the same myself.

The reason I know this is that the entry LINDA ON HER WEDDING DAY has three times as many “hits” as the next highest entries.  Also, the ones with no pictures - only text - are at the bottom of the list.  I will try to salve my wounded pride and push on.

So, I am going to try to bribe you.  It seems that you want to see pictures of Linda on her wedding day.  I have three more.  (Incidentally, I’m in them, too.)  I plan to use them on anniversaries.  However, to drum up enthusiasm I promise to post the best picture of all – just as soon as I have a dozen or so “Followers” for the new version of the blog, “FIGHT BACK against OVARIAN CANCER” (you remember, WWW.QUILTCUTIE.BLOGSPOT.COM).  So far I have no followers at all (three with the old blog.)  Maybe Carolyn will add a “Comment” to this posting explaining how it is done.  To get the picture you really only need nine, ‘cause I plan to “Follow”, too.  That way I can be alerted whenever anybody posts a “Comment”.

My faithful editor and research assistant Dick Ingwall has pointed me to an interesting article in the New Yorker which I will be writing about in a few days.  I am headed back to Bellingham next week.

4 comments:

  1. Myrl, I'm embarrassed to say that I'm just looking at your new blog for the first time today (4/27). I had your old one bookmarked and I was still going to it because I guess I was expecting a link to this one or something. So if you are not getting views, you might remind people via email.
    To follow, I simply clicked on "Follow" on the left end of the bar at the top of the blog page.
    Soon I will send the addresses of this and the old blog (because it has great entries and pics of Linda)to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should just delete this new blog and go back to the old one. The new name doesn't seem to be accomplishing its original purpose.. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I don't have a "follow" on the top of the page. Any other possibilities?

    (One possibility for the extra hits on the wedding day is that I used that post on my facebook page to let people know about the blog.)

    Another little thing: the old blog doesn't have a link to the new one. It has the address, but not the link.

    Does Hutch have a facebook page? or some other facebook page to link your blog to?

    (brainstorming.)
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. Now that I have "registered", I have a "follow". Go figure.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete