Friday, August 10, 2018

Ann Bjorseth November 27, 2011



I heard the news this week (November 23, 2011) and I feel incredibly sad; such a loss. 

I've been thinking about her, remembering things. Amazing what gets stored away about important people! I met her in, I think, 1976, at Whatcom Community College. I recognized her as a kindred spirit, and we had wonderful times together, going to movies and hanging out. Once, we figured out a way to see five movies in one day. Another time, we saw the first Rocky movie three times in a row, loving
the opening music and enjoying every moment. Another time, we saw all three performances of the Twyla Tharp dance company in Seattle. We had a contest every year to guess the winners at the Oscars; of course, she won every time. And, as Myrl said, she remembered--and she cared about--the movies in a way that was unique and always fun.

Linda was creative, funny, compassionate, smart, tenacious, and willing. Beautiful, truly. She made a special contribution to my life, as I can see that she did for so many people on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment